The Blessing by Wanda E. Brunstetter is the second in the series of the Amish Cooking Class. Again we meet Heidi and Lyle Troyer and their next set of students for cooking class. If you haven’t read the first book, you should check out my last review. There maybe a few spoiler details below, but I left out the details on what happens for you to ponder.
Heidi is anxiously waiting for the arrival of Kendra Perkins’ baby, the young unwed pregnant girl from the last story. Kendra has promised the Troyer’s that they could adopt the baby and raise it Amish, but plans may have changed. What will Kendra decide? Will Heidi be able to accept the decision even with God’s help?
We soon meet the next round of students. They are definitely a different bunch and have many more issues to tend to. Let’s meet our six new students:
- Lisa Brooks is a caterer looking for some new food ideas to offer in her business. She also has other stressful situations that continue to arise in her life, like her renters… Will she be able to resolve the issues that arise in her life?
- Todd Collins is a food critic and is secretly reviewing the cooking class. He is also secretly dealing with the pain of a broken past relationship. Will Todd’s heart heal and will he ever admit what he is really doing at this cooking class?
- Bill Mason is a janitor at a nearby school and he’d like to be able to make something other than the “usual” for the camping buddies. Will Bill show his buddies he has more to share in his cooking skills?
- Allie Garrett is a police officer’s wife, who has been given this course as a gift to treat herself to do something fun. However, her life is very chaotic. With her children going here and there and her husband constantly working late and acting defensive when he asks questions, she starts to worry that possibly he is having an affair with another woman. Will Allie be able to be proven wrong on her assumptions or will they turn out to be true?
- Then there’s Nicole Smith. A teenager with a lot of responsibility on her hands. Her mother and father divorced and the situation is still very messy, due to the fact her mother is an alcoholic. Will Nicole be able to get comfort out of the cooking class?
- Lastly, there’s Lance Freemont. He’s the happy mailman, however his brother comes to town unexpected and turns his world upside down. How will Lance handle his brother?
As you can see these people are quiet the eclectic group. They all have some serious matters to attend to. Heidi even has her own issues, as she still longs for a child of her own. Her and Lyle have been married for 9 years and have never been able to have a boppli (Pennsylvania Dutch for baby) of their own. Will the void in her heart ever be filled? Will Kendra give her baby to them for adoption?
All these questions and more will be answered in this installment of the Amish Cooking Class Series Book 2- The Blessing.
Here are some places to find the book:
Walmart: $11.48 paperback
Amazon: $11.87 Paperback; $9.99 Kindle
Christian Book: You can get both books (1& 2) here for $19.49
I’d like to thank the publisher, Barbour Books Publishing for giving me the opportunity to review the second installment of this book for my honest review. I’ve really enjoyed the series so far. I can’t wait for the next installment coming in February 2018. Hopefully, I’ll get the opportunity to read this book as well.
As always happy reading!!! See you again soon with another book. I still promise to post the children’s book I read while back… Procrastination set in. Sorry everyone.. See you soon.